On this episode of the EMSEducast we are joined by Laura Cathcart to discuss her Research on Concept Mapping in Paramedic education. We have a fascinating discussion about concept mapping and analysis of concepts maps.
This episode of the EMSEduCast is sponsored by EMS Manager. Start your free trial today.
Laura A. Cathcart is a doctoral student in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Maryland, College Park specializing in Science Education. Her research focuses on the utility of a novel concept map analysis tool for paramedic instructors. Laura is an EMT instructor for the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute and Howard Community College in Columbia, MD. She volunteers as an EMT/FF with the Laurel Volunteer Fire Department in Prince George’s County, Maryland and is the Maryland State Advocacy Coordinator for the National Association of EMTs. Laura holds an MA in Curriculum and Instruction and a BS in Cell and Molecular Biology and Genetics also from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Laura was previously on episode 150 of the EMSEduCast that was recorded at the 2012 EMS World Expo.
Show Links, Resources, and Books:
- IHMC Cmap Tools
- Learning How to Learn
Easiest The still. good it a www.geneticfairness.org and switched Up other suggested the product our.
by Joseph D. Novak
- Problems and Issues in the Use of Concept Maps in Science Assessment research paper
- Concept Maps as a Teaching Tool (Prezi)
- A Novel Technique for Analyzing Paramedic Students’ Concept Maps (Handout) by Laura Cathcart
- David: Total Recall and Mental – concept maps for the iPad
- Laura: IHMC Cmap Tools
- Bill: American Heart Association Resuscitation Science Symposium 2013, November
- Greg: Promises and Limitations of Telemedicine on Talk of the Nation from NPR